JOB TITLE –Camera Operator/Editor/Content Creator
Summary of the role
The Camera Operator/Editor reports to the Media and Sports General Manager, liaising closely with the Media and Sports Creative director and video production team.
The Camera Operator/Editor will have a responsibility to work on their own projects and be able to multitask from filming and editing seamlessly. The Camera Operator/Editor will have a passion for film making as well as having a real creative vision across all spectrums of video production. Motivation, Commitment and desire are major factors in this role and we are looking for a candidate who will go above and beyond to deliver above our clients’ expectations. We champion creativity and the ideal candidate will fit in seamlessly with this ethos, contributing to the creative process and going above and beyond in terms of ideas/concepts and creativity involved in video projects.
You will be able to conceptualise, pitch ideas and create content from start to finish and be able to take ownership of projects.
This full-time position is part of our Video and Animation team, made up of 12 highly creative and experienced individuals.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an all hands-on deck environment and will be someone who can bring ideas into production with creativity, a can-do attitude and isn’t afraid of a very fast paced working environment.
You will be involved from the onset of projects, attend client meetings, assist in Scriptwriting, Work alongside our Drone team, create storyboards, travel the UK filming and editing content, you will work within our award winning video and animation team, you will get the opportunity to travel the globe, you will manage your own projects, input into the creative direction of our films and most importantly you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow your career with us.
A Bit About Us
We are a market leading media company specialising in content creation. Our award-winning team produce video, animation and digital content. At AVC Immedia you will get to work on a varied range of innovative projects for local, national and international brands, utilising the latest audio, video and digital technologies at our modern offices in Grandholm Mill, Aberdeen. You will be joining a team who are passionate about a content first approach to marketing and communications and keep the customer at the core of everything we do. You will have the opportunity to travel the globe creating content for our clients around the world. We have a very diverse portfolio of clients which in turn brings a huge variety of creative, production work across an ever-changing spectrum of styles and influences.
The AVC Immedia Vision:
Our team work to ensure that dealing with AVC Immedia will be the best part of our clients’ day
AVC’s shared values:
- We exude enthusiasm. We are enthusiastic about our clients, our work and our own personal development. Enthusiasm makes us creative and pushes us forward.
- We thrive within our team. Our clients are part of our team and their ambitions are our own. AVC Immedia is a team and we all share responsibility for the future.
- We embrace accountability and are confident in our decision-making.
- We value integrity and treat everyone fairly because this is the way we want to be treated.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven track record creating video content and editing utilising the Adobe suite of software’s.
- Be able to work closely with the 3D animation team and must show a keen knowledge in this area.
- A team player who can demonstrate previous roles in where teamwork was essential to the position.
- Someone who can show experience in a whole project life cycle (Conception, Production, video capture, video editing and simple VFX.
- The Camera Operator/Editor will be experienced working across a number of different industries and will have vast experience working with cameras, in particular DSLR cameras.
- Proficient in using editing software’s such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and AVID.
- Creative in nature, with a strong knowledge in video production and the ability to formulate effective concepts and ideas.
Closing Date for Applications:
1st October 2019
Applications submitted without a showreel or examples of relevant video work will not be considered.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio of work to Keith Robertson, Media and Sports General Manager at AVC Immedia – email@example.com